Age Gate?

Features you'd like to have on Moyea Web Player or the related flash video converters

Age Gate?

Postby Webcompliance 2.0 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Might aswell try... You see i'm adding some vulgar content, that is funny but inapropriate for kids so is it possible to add an Age gate for this Player?
Webcompliance 2.0

Re: Age Gate?

Postby leakeymore on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 am

Do you mean to ask the viewers to input their ages or add a dialog for confirmation when they try to view the player?
leakeymore

Postby Webcompliance 2.0 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Yes exactly, Day Month and Year. Something like that would suffice just to verifie the age of the viewer.
Webcompliance 2.0

Postby leakeymore on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 am

Do you have any example or screenshots that we could refer to?
leakeymore

Postby Webcompliance 2.0 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 pm

If you view this video on this website i'm pretty sure it will show you an example...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-story-dantes-inferno/58969
Webcompliance 2.0

Postby leakeymore on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks~
It could accomplish using our JS API function. If you really need, then we could customize for you.
Any questions, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
leakeymore

Postby Webcompliance 2.0 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:39 am

Two last questions...

So JS API, like the Traffic counter you will make it an ADD-ON right? Do you have a timeframe when you think it will be ready in that case...

And when you say customize, Do you mean height, width and placement?
Webcompliance 2.0

Postby leakeymore on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 am

JS API is not yet plugin.
The "Customize" we mean is to make a plugin specially for you according to your needs.
leakeymore

Postby Webcompliance 2.0 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Yes well..

The content i hope i will have will be rated 13+ the age gate could perhaps be between 1900 - 2010 right? And i thought about it and i think it would be nice if the age gate acted like the BIG Play Buttons for your player, you know you can align it Top, Middle, Bottom and so on... So maybe you could do that with the Age gate even though Middle would be best choice obviously!

But i think this is one thing that people want quick and simple.

But I have a few ideas actually, just something i thought up. The only thing i could think of that really could enhance the look and feel of it... besides maybe changing the colour of the text Is if you did something similar to the age gate buttons as you have done to the playlist. The Glossy look and reflection! Yeah it is kinda Overkill. Just ignore it if the idea is too crazy :lol:

Anyway thanks for being so generous
Webcompliance 2.0

Postby Barma on Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 am

I'm very, very interested in an Age Gate. Is there some kind of Add On now that would allow an Age Gate? Or how can we go about getting a customized one? We thought about using the HTML ad option, but we don't know how we could make it go ahead and play the video once you click Submit, plus ads have a duration, so it wouldn't really work, unless we have an age gate that lasts hours but disappears and plays the video once you've submitted your age. Also, it'd need to support cookies, so once the player has entered their age, it doesn't ask again until the next day or if you close the browser window.

What are my options? Otherwise the Player is just great. Thanks! :)
Barma

Next

Return to Feature Requests