The UFC is his home. The only question is which Cowboy comes

General issues about Moyea Web Player and the related flash video converters

The UFC is his home. The only question is which Cowboy comes

Postby lw789 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:10 am

CHICAGO -- John Danks is enjoying success and making it look easy with a string of impressive performances of late. But the left-hander knows that getting to this point -- nearly two years removed from shoulder surgery -- was anything but easy. "Its been a long, frustrating road to get back to here," Danks said. "There were some days where you were having to fight doubt from creeping in. "I think Im beyond that." Gordon Beckham and Dayan Viciedo hit two-run home runs, Danks pitched effectively into the seventh inning and the Chicago White Sox snapped a four-game losing streak with an 8-2 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night. The slumping White Sox had managed a total of six runs in their previous four games, but busted through with a slew of clutch hits. It was plenty of support for Danks (6-5), who settled down after a somewhat slow start and gave up two runs -- one earned -- and five hits in 6 1-3 innings. In his last five starts, the left-hander is 3-1 with a 1.51 ERA. His ERA for the season is down to 3.97. "He has really gotten it together, from where he started early in the year," manager Robin Ventura said. "He has pitched to where hes always giving us a chance right now. He becomes tough when he has the feel of the changeup like that and spotting his fastball. It just seems like he has a little more on it as far as spotting his fastball." Viciedo, who was just 2 for 23 on the homestand before Tuesday, went 2 for 4. His fifth-inning blast ended a stretch of 51 at-bats without an RBI. Hunter Pence went 2 for 4 with a home run for the Giants, who have dropped four straight and seven of eight. Giants starter Matt Cain (1-5) allowed eight runs -- seven earned -- and 10 hits in five innings. "He got off to a good start," San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said of Cain. "Those first two innings, he looked real sharp. He looked like he was on track. Then the third inning got a little long there, long at-bat and he ended up giving up a home run. Then he just got derailed." Pence opened the scoring with a homer in the first inning, and the Giants made it 2-0 with an unearned run in the third. The White Sox tied it in the bottom of the third as Adam Eaton singled with two outs, stole second and then trotted home on Beckhams two-run shot. Chicago took a 5-2 lead with three runs in the fourth. Jose Abreu led off with a single and one out later Alexei Ramirez and Viciedo both singled to load the bases. Alejandro De Aza popped up in foul ground on the first pitch for the second out, but Tyler Flowers drew a walk to drive in a run and make it 3-2. Eaton followed with a slow grounder to shortstop that Brandon Crawford fielded cleanly but threw wide of first base after rushing to get the speedy Eaton. Eaton was credited with a single and one RBI as both Ramirez and Viciedo scored for the three-run lead. Crawford was charged with an error for allowing the second run to score and both runners (Flowers and Eaton) to advance a base. Chicago added three runs in the fifth to break the game open. Adam Dunn had an RBI single and two batters later Viciedo hit a two-run, two-out homer for an 8-2 margin. "We needed it," Beckham said. "It was nice to break out against a good team." NOTES: Bochy was a teammate of Tony Gwynns and later managed the Hall of Famer, who died Monday. "Just a huge loss for baseball and San Diego," Bochy said. "We all know what a great player he was and a great hitter. But he is getting recognized for being such a tremendous person." ... White Sox C Tyler Flowers had a bases-loaded walk to drive in a run, but is 18 for his last 111 at-bats with 50 Ks as his average dropped to .247. ... Giants OF Angel Pagan (lower back) was out of the lineup for a second straight game and is listed as day-to-day. ... C Buster Posey was used at DH after taking a foul off mask on Sunday. ... The finale of the brief two-game series has a marquee pitching matchup of RHP Tim Hudson (7-2, 1.81) vs. LHP Chris Sale (5-1. 1.97). Custom Colorado Rockies Jersey . Vinci also beat Dulgheru last week in Bucharest en route to her first WTA final in a year. Vinci next faces sixth-seeded Kurumi Nara of Japan, who beat Czech qualifier Katerina Siniakova 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-2. No. Jose Reyes Jersey . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest. http://www.baseballrockiesonline.com/ja ... ns-jersey/. Nat Borchers headed in the sole goal in the 54th minute, getting on the end of a Kyle Beckerman free kick. The defeat cost Sporting top spot in the Eastern Conference. Even a draw would have moved the Kansas City club above Columbus. Gerardo Parra Rockies Jersey . -- Quarterback Josh Johnson has returned to the San Francisco 49ers and his former college coach, Jim Harbaugh. Nolan Arenado Jersey . Serbia captain Bogdan Obradovic said his team will include 9th-ranked Janko Tipsarevic and 27th-ranked Viktor Troicki as he decided to let the top-ranked Djokovic rest.This UFC Fight Night promises to be an action filled card. Live from Chicago, the action is set to get under at 4:30 ET. Benson Henderson is in his first contest back in the octagon since he lost his lightweight title to Anthony Pettis. That means hell be doing everything to secure his number-one ranking. His opponent, Josh Thomson will be looking to take that spot and move himself into the title picture. The rest of the main event and a few of the prelims are absolute barn burners. Watch for Donald Cerrone, and Jeremy Stephens to really put it on the line. They need convincing wins to get back into the UFCs spotlight. Tune in Saturday morning at 11:30 ct/12:30 et to TSN Radio 1290 as myself (Jordan Cieciwa), Big Marv, and Toby "the rookie" take over the air ways to break down the fights and all the latest MMA news. Benson Henderson (19-3-0) vs. Josh Thomson (20-5-0) Jordan Cieciwa Couldnt have asked for a better fight than this on a Saturday night. You have an elusive and athletic, number-one ranked competitor with the drive to get his belt back facing a very talented and well-rounded fighter out of the American Kickboxing Academy. You know both fighters will be prepared. Its also a five round affair which provides lots of time for these two fighters to settle the matter. However, with the skill level of these athletes, I see this going the distance. In my mind that favors the former champ. Look for Henderson to outscore Josh Thompson with takedowns and a lot more movement and single scoring blows. Henderson via unanimous decision Big Marv I think this will be a great fight. "The Punk" looked great against Diaz, but I think Bendo is stronger and faster. I see another grinded out decision win for the former champ. Henderson via unanimous decision Toby This is probably the hardest pick of the night. Both fighters are well-rounded and have great conditioning. Thomson looked outstanding against Diaz and was the first person in the UFC to stop him via TKO. Henderson is looking to get another shot at Pettis as soon as possible and a win over Thomson will most likely get him there. I expect Thomson to keep it to the outside and try to get the better of the striking but I believe Henderson is the better wrestler and will grind this one out if hes not doing what he wants on the feet. Henderson wins by decision. Gabriel Gonzaga (16-7-0) vs. Stipe Miocic (10-1-0) JC What can you say about Gabriel Gonzaga? We all remember the kick heard round the world. His flash knock out of Mirko "Cro Cop" was absolutely epic and had people knowing his name immediately. He has followed that up with some very impressive first round knockouts, unfortunately, also with a few inopportune ones where he himself got KOd. Stipe Miocic has been turning heads as well. He is very heavy handed, and other than a loss in a solid fight with Stefan Struve, his heavy hand gets raised at the end of fights. This is a battle of two heavyweight strikers and that usually means knockout of the night. I for one cant wait to see the results from this one and this is my pick for the potential ffight of the night.dddddddddddd Both athletes are hungry, they both know how to put on a show and they both have the talent to make this memorable. I expect this will end with Gonzaga staggering Miocic and securing a submission. Gabriel Gonzaga via second round submission. BM I have to give it to Gonzaga, he has really come back. After his loss to Travis Browne, I thought he was washed up. I also thought Stipe Miocic didnt stand a chance against Roy Nelson at UFC 161, but I sat there cage side and saw him use Nelson as his personal punching bag for three rounds. Hard to pick, but I say the younger Miocic takes this one Stipe Miocic via TKO round two Toby This has the potential of fight of the night! Gabriel Gonzaga has been around a while and has seen some outstanding competition and had been on a tear lately. Stipe Miocic looked especially great against Roy Nelson and I believe his hands will be the difference in this fight. Its hard to pick against someone with a submission game like Gonzaga brings to the table and he also "Cro Copped" "Cro Cop". Stipe Miocic via TKO Donald Cerrone (21-6-0) vs. Adriano Martins (25-6-0) JC Donald Cerrone has seen all the top contenders in the UFC and in the WEC. He knows his way around the cage and nerves wont be a problem at all. The UFC is his home. The only question is which Cowboy comes to fight? He has lackluster nights and then he has nights full of spring in his step and some of the best kickboxing in MMA. Adriano Martins has the exact opposite problem. He looks sharp, but he has yet to get into the cage with a real MMA star. He gets to change that with Cerrone. Martins wont get the easy first round KO with Cerrone and its difficult to submit the Cowboy. If Donald Cerrone wants to keep getting those phone calls from the UFC, he needs to string a few wins together. That means we potentially get to see a fired up and focused Donald Cerrone. If thats the case, its going to be a lot of leg kicks and elbows for Adriano Martins. I expect we will get to see Cerrones traditional kickboxing come through in this one. Hell stay a safe distance away from Martins hands, and win a much deserved decision. Donald Cerrone via unanimous decision BM When theres no big fight stipulations or titles on the line, Cerrone is MONEY. Look for Cowboy to end this quick. Late round one TKO Cerrone via TKO round 1 Toby This IS my pick for Fight of the Night, this is a real test for Adriano Martins and Im sure hes going to be working his leg kicks for this one. Ill say it now, Donald Cerrone is one of my favorite fighters and I love his aggressive stand up style and his ability to pick most people apart. This is the fight Im expecting some fireworks and I believe Adriano is ready for the challenge but I think "Cowboy" has been in there with too many top level guys to get beat this time. Donald Cerrone …tough call… Ill say TKO The rest of the night is just as impressive as the three main fights. Prelim Fights: JC: Elkins, Pettis, Jabouin, Meza, Viana, Rio, Rhodes, Harris Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to General Chat