heir American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles

General issues about Moyea Web Player and the related flash video converters

heir American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles

Postby lw789 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:14 am

Lille, France (SportsNetwork.com) - The great Roger Federer added to his legacy by raising Switzerland to its first-ever Davis Cup title on Sunday when he whipped Frances Richard Gasquet in straight sets. Federer defeated Gasquet in 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 fashion to give the visiting Swiss an insurmountable 3-1 lead in the best-of-five tie on an indoor red clay surface at Lilles Pierre Mauroy Stadium. The final scheduled match of the weekend between Stan Wawrinka and Gael Monfils was abandoned on Sunday. The 17-time Grand Slam king Federer has now captured every coveted title in mens tennis, with the exception of an Olympic gold medal in singles. He paired with Wawrinka to win a gold medal in doubles at the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. Its not for me, Ive won enough in my career and did not need to tick any empty boxes, Federer said. Im just happy for everybody else. Im happy we could live a great tennis historic moment in our country. Federer pulled out of last weeks championship match at the prestigious ATP World Tour Finals in London because of a back injury, which appeared to slow him here on Friday, but not Sunday in Lille, where he would not be denied. The 33-year-old superstar was ultra clean on Day 3, striking seven aces, without committing a double fault, and breaking Gasquet five times, while not getting broken in the rout. The iconic Swiss struck 28 more winners in the 1- hour, 52-minute match (62-34), which ended with a backhand drop shot winner. Im happy I was able to stay calm and play a good match, and Im really happy for the guys in the team, everybody worked incredibly hard to get me match ready, Federer said. Stan has put in so much effort over the years and played an unbelievable weekend that gave me the opportunity today. Im very much aware of that, this one is for the boys. Federer improved to 38-12 in his career Davis Cup singles affairs. Switzerland headed into Sundays reverse singles with a 2-1 lead against the host French after Federer and Wawrinka teamed up for a straight-set doubles victory over Gasquet and Julien Benneteau on Saturday. The capable Gasquet replaced Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the French draw on Sunday. The former Australian Open runner-up Tsonga lost to this years Aussie champion Wawrinka in four sets in Fridays opening singles rubber, while Day 1s other match saw Monfils thrash the former world No. 1 and currently second-ranked Federer in straights. The Davis Cup, which was first contested in 1900, has been captured by France on nine occasions, while the Swiss were seeking that elusive maiden championship and became the 14th nation to do so. Switzerland finished as a runner-up back in 1992. The Swiss were captained by Severin Luthi, while the French were guided by former Aussie Open runner-up Arnaud Clement. Switzerland is now 3-10 all-time versus France in Davis Cup play. The two nations last met in a 2004 quarterfinal, which was won by the French. France was seeking its first title in 13 years. Cal Clutterbuck Jersey . This weeks Raptors Report puts a bow on Gays brief, 10-month tenure in Toronto and ponders how his absence will affect the teams offence. Are they a better team without him? In addition to acquiring some valuable cap flexibility, what impact will the four incoming players have this season and beyond? Click here for the Dec. Casey Cizikas Jersey . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number. http://www.hockeyislandersstore.us/Niko ... in-Jersey/. Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. Mathew Barzal Islanders Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. Denis Potvin Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run.(SportsNetwork.com) - Steve Stricker, who has battled a balky back for several years, had outpatient back surgery on Tuesday and is home recovering. The surgery was to relieve issues stemming from acute and chronic L5 radiculopathy according to a statement on PGATour.com. Stricker, a 12-time PGA Tour winner, has played just 24 official events over the past two seasons. That was by design so he could spend more time with his family. He skipped the FedExCup playoffs due to the bulging disc in his back. Stricker returned to play in Tiger Woodss Hero World Challenge and the Franklin Templeton Shootout. After playing those two events, doctors told Stricker that he would continue to have hip and quad pain if he did not undergo the surgery. The 47-year-old will rest and rehab his back over the next six weeks. Afteer that time, Stricker will be able to begin practicing and doctors expect all restrictions will be lifted after eight weeks.dddddddddddd Im very excited to get back to practicing and competing in 2015 and expect to be 100 percent physically, which really excites me, said Stricker, whose last win was at the 2012 Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Ive been limited the last several years and Im confident the procedure will allow me to perform at the level I expect from myself. I dont have a target date for a return to the PGA Tour at this point, that will very much depend on how my body responds to the surgery and rehab. Prior to scaling back his schedule the last two years, Stricker had eight victories from 2009-12. He finished inside the top-20 on the FedExCup points standings each year from 2007-14. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to General Chat