ier in his pro career, worked out of Floyd Mayweathers

General issues about Moyea Web Player and the related flash video converters

ier in his pro career, worked out of Floyd Mayweathers

Postby lw789 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:21 am

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Detroit Pistons will get a third crack at the Milwaukee Bucks when the two Central foes clash Friday at The Palace. The Pistons and Bucks have split two meetings so far. Milwaukee has lost three straight and 12 of the last 16 trips to Auburn Hills, Mich. Detroit and Milwaukee will meet one more time this season on Jan. 24. Pistons big man Andre Drummond is averaging 17.0 points and 10.0 rebounds against the Bucks this season. Detroit is mired in a six-game losing streak and dropped a 104-98 decision to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday, as D.J. Augustin posted 19 points to lead the hosts. The Pistons got 17 points from Josh Smith, Drummond and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Drummond grabbed 13 rebounds and is averaging 17.0 points and 13.0 boards in his last three games for Detroit, which led 51-48 at halftime and had a 73-72 edge heading into the final 12 minutes. Los Angeles led by 11 at one point in the fourth quarter and Smiths layup made it 93-91 with 2 1/2 minutes left. Its just frustrating for me that I couldnt find a way, either in terms of defensive scheme or in terms of something to run offensively to help our guys a little bit more down the stretch, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said. It was Detroits fourth straight loss at home, where it is 2-5 this season. The Pistons are in the midst of playing seven of eight games at The Palace. Pistons guard Brandon Jennings (thumb) is questionable Friday and has missed the previous two games. He is averaging 16.0 ppg this season. Milwaukee has won two in a row after losing back-to-back games and won for the seventh time in 10 tries with Wednesdays 103-86 victory at Minnesota. Brandon Knight and Larry Sanders scored 15 points apiece and Giannis Antetokounmpo ended with 13 for the Bucks, who shot 47.1 percent. The Bucks had seven players in double figures and won for the third time in the last four road games. Bucks rookie Jabari Parker scored 11 points. Our second group (late in the third) got defensive-minded and rebounded the ball, said Bucks coach Jason Kidd. In the beginning of the fourth quarter, (the starters) picked it right back up. We found a way to win on the road. The road ahead is a tough one for Kidds group, which will face the likes of Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, the Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix, Portland and Sacramento. Bryan Rust Penguins Jersey Authentic . About seven hours before facing Washington in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference second round series, team officials said the oft-injured Bynum would miss the rest of the playoffs and would not even be with the team for the rest of the post-season. Jaromir Jagr Penguins Jersey . 25 against Miami. Hillis left Browns Stadium about two hours before kickoff, a decision that has led to speculation he was upset over ongoing negotiations with the club on a contract extension. http://www.hockeypenguinsauthority.com/ ... rsey-c-29/. - Andre Drummond had his best night on the boards. Olli Maatta Penguins Jersey . That Ginette Reno can sing. Sidney Crosby Penguins Jersey . The Brewers finalized a US$36 million, three-year contract with free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Wednesday, adding a much-needed bat to their lineup.LOS ANGELES -- Bermane Stiverne completed his long journey to a heavyweight title with one more punishing victory. Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko. Stiverne (24-1-1, 21 KOs), who was born in Haiti but grew up in Montreal, dropped Arreola twice in the sixth, and he was punishing Arreola again when referee Jack Reiss stopped the fight with 58 seconds left in the round. The Klitschko brothers had held every major heavyweight title for the past six years. Vitalis retirement into Ukrainian politics in December opened the WBC belt for the 35-year-old Stiverne, a late bloomer who hasnt lost in 13 consecutive fights. After beating Arreola by decision last year, Stiverne hadnt fought in nearly 13 months while waiting for Klitschkos decision to retire. The wait was worth it. "I studied and studied," Stiverne said. "I watched my opponent. I knew I could knock him out. ... I was patient. The plan was to let him get comfortable, and he soon as he gets real comfortable, then crack him. And thats what I did." Stiverne dropped Arreola (36-4) for the first time with a sweeping right hand to Arreolas left temple, sending Arreola wobbling and crashing to the canvas. Arreola rose and kept fighting, but Stiverne put him headfirst into the ropes moments later with another combination. After Reiss stopped the fight, Stiverne wept with the WBCs green belt around his shoulder while promoter Don King celebrated at the Galen Center on USCs downtown campus. "I knew it was a wrap," Stiverne said. "The way I trained, I knew I could knock him out because Ive got the power." Stiverne won a lop-sided decision over Arreola last April, breaking Arreolas nose in the third round. Arreola, who acknowledged training poorly for that fight, felt he lost the rematch when he got hit by the same punch that finished the first fight. "He has a tremendous right hand, thats exactly what it was," Arreola said. "I felt like I was winning the fight. He just got me with the same right hand. Couldnt get away from it, and after that, its all she wrote.ddddddddddddquot; The well-travelled Stiverne, who fought for Canada as an amateur boxer and trained in Florida earlier in his pro career, worked out of Floyd Mayweathers gym in Las Vegas for this bout. He is the first heavyweight champion of Haitian descent and the first champ not named Klitschko since Samuel Peter, who was stopped by Vitali Klitschko in 2008. Wladimir Klitschko, who holds the other three major heavyweight titles, is eager to claim all four belts by fighting the winner. But before that lucrative bout, Stiverne must fight unbeaten Deontay Wilder, the U.S. Olympic bronze medallist and the WBCs mandatory challenger. "With all due respect, I dont give a damn about Wilder or Klitschko right now," Stiverne said. "Right now, its about what I won." Arreola has lost both of his shots at the WBC heavyweight title, getting pounded by Vitali Klitschko in 2009 just up the street at Staples Center. The Los Angeles-area native was attempting to become the first heavyweight champion of Mexican descent. "I could have got back up plenty of times," Arreola said. "Was the fight stopped a little early? I believe so. But then again, the referee is there to protect me from myself. But I felt like I was winning the fight." Both fighters took advantage of the small 17-by-17-foot ring at the Galen Center, which was hosting its first boxing card. Stiverne landed the biggest shots in the opening round, but Arreola dominated the second and third rounds with a withering series of combinations, trapping Stiverne against the ropes. Stiverne laughed off the punishment and allowed Arreola to keep moving forward, content to counterpunch. "I wasnt hurt," Stiverne said. "He actually punched me, my mouth was open, and he busted my lip. I was trying to find out if there was food or something in my teeth, but it was my lip. He didnt hurt me in the head." Stiverne hasnt lost since July 2007, when he was stopped by Demetrice King. He fought to a majority draw with Charles Davis in 2009, but has stopped five of his last seven opponents. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to General Chat