Single copy (instance) of codebase.swf ?

Playlist, player skins, playback, controlbar

Single copy (instance) of codebase.swf ?

Postby Dave on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 pm

My client will be publishing several hundred videos which will each reside in their own directory for easy removal and to keep things together. Having looked through every page on the site I can't seem to find a way to specify where codebase.swf resides so I only need to store one copy of it. I really do not want to have several hundred copies of it floating around.

If this is feasible a little bit of information on how to do it or a link to a page with more information would be most appreciated.
Dave
Dave

Re: Single copy (instance) of codebase.swf ?

Postby leakeymore on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 am

leakeymore

Postby Dave on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:23 am

I've looked at both of those but neither one of them, nor anything else I could find, shows a method of keeping and using a single copy of codebase.swf. Thanks for the pointer though. Any other suggestions?
Dave
Dave

Postby Dave on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly in my original post. Each directory will be accessed directly using the format videos.example.com/1234567

The number portion of the URL is what will be changing and there may be, as I said, several hundred of them. Each of them needs their own template but everything else about them, size, layout, positioning, styling will be the same. I know how to use a single instance of mplayer so each directory doesn't need a copy but not how to have/use a single instance of codebase.swf. That's what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks.
Dave
Dave

Postby Dave on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:31 am

I've figured out to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Ended up not exactly the way I wanted it to be but it'll work just fine. The end result is URLs in the format videos.example.com/?1234567

Thanks again for the pointers and assistance.
Dave
Dave

Postby leakeymore on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:32 am

Thanks for your feedback.
Any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
leakeymore

Return to Configuration